MINI-PACTOR® Roller Compactor
Advanced Dry Granulation Technology
The MINI-PACTOR® Roller Compactor is designed for both laboratory development and for small to medium scale production runs. Roller Compaction is a fully continuous granulation technology; the MINI-PACTOR® has capacities from 10 grams per trial up to 100kg per hour, and with harmonisation with the other PACTOR® designs by having identical roller diameters, scale-up is simple and quick, avoiding risks and reducing costs.
Unique Gerteis® Roller Compaction features
- Consistent feed system to the rollers with torque control of the screw feeder and tamp auger to ensure precision dosing of powder
- Angled compaction rollers to allow feed consistency, constant ribbon density and to minimise temperature gain.
- Free floating gap design and in-process force control producing a constant density ribbon
- Large diameter rollers to produce a longer dwell time in the nip area.
- Superior punch & die roller design to provide a constant density over the ribbon width and to virtually eliminate fines (no recirculation required!)
- Three stage milling process with the granulating oscillating mill with adjustable screen clearance, to produce a consistent and controllable particle size distribution.
- Full instrumentation with critical quality process parameter data-acquisition
- Full machine calibration
- Standard containment performance of 3 µg/m³ Time Weighted Average
MINI-PACTOR® Roller Compactor Options
- WIP/CIP cleaning,
- Enhanced containment performance
- Build in PAT control systems
- Press roller cooling/heating
- Vacuum de-aeration.
- Different roller surface designs
- Separate feed funnel for small quantities.
- Industrial PC solutions