The main challenges include:
- The complex mechanical design and constuction of the tablet press internal areas.
- The continuous flor of materials into and out of the tablet press.
- Cleaning of the tablet press.
- The multiple interfaces between the tablet press and its enviroment (air inlet, tablet outlet, powder inlet, dust extraction), all of which require a contained interconnection.
- Frequent tablet sampling for IPC - either manually or automatically.
Read technical paper: GEA Courtoy's High Containment in Tablet Compression